We made pickles this week and we used the Duggar's Recipe. If you don't know who the Duggar's are then you should go to this website http://www.duggarfamily.com/ They are a neat family with 17 children and counting. I personally would never want that many children, but they feel blessed to have such an abundance I think they are genuine. Anyways, the pickles are very salty but good. Here is how they turned out and I attached their recipe below. Anyone have any good recipes? If so add them to my comments. I am up for a new challenge.
GARLIC DILL PICKLES
3/4 c. salt (this is to salty for some; may be reduced to 1/2 c.)4-5 cups white vinegar 8 c. water cucumbers (enough to fill 6- 1quart jars.)18 cloves garlic, peeled 6 T. dill seed (not weed.)Wash cucumbers, cut into spears, and pack in jars. Add 3 cloves garlic & 1 T. dill seed per jar. Place jars on baking sheet (or pan.) in oven at 250. (this keeps jars hot so they’ll seal when you add vinegar.) Boil vinegar, salt, and water, pour boiling mixture into hot jars, and immediately put hot bans & lids onto jars. (keep lids & bands hot by boiling them first.) Let cool on counter. (they should seal while cooling.) Let sit 10-12 days before using (this is the hard part! If you can’t stand it, only wait a week!)(Our favorite dill pickles!) makes 6 qts.
2 comments:
Here's a good breakfast bread recipe that we love!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Swirl-Bread-3/Detail.aspx
Here is another one of our favorites. It's a healthy and very tasty chicken nugget recipe. You would like it. I use 1/2 cup milk with 1 tsp of vinegar in it (that makes buttermilk) to dip the chicken in instead of the butter that it calls for.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Chicken-Nuggets/Detail.aspx
I use allrecipes.com to find a lot of my recipes! I try the ones that have a lot of good reviews and read through the reviews to see what other people say and then try the recipe.
aren't you a little betty crocker! that is great- I am trying to cook more- tonight i am trying pork chops, with stuffing, and apple pie filling- it looked like fall- so i am going to try it-
Post a Comment