The Swartz Story

Friday, May 21, 2010

God's timing, not mine!


We go through life seeing bits and pieces of God's plan for us, but I feel like I have come to a place in my life where I'm starting to see part of the bigger picture. God has truly blessed me in so many ways, and I'm starting to see how his timing is perfect and that doing things our way is not the best for us. If I would have had things my way I feel that I wouldn't have had them to the fullest. You might get something right away and it is good, but if you just wait a little while longer it could be greater than you ever imagined. That's what God says he will do for us, give us the best if we trust him and wait on him. Three years ago, when I decided to go back to school to teach. I just kept wishing that I could go back in time and already be done with school and been teaching a few years instead of going through cosmetology school, doing hair, and now finishing school. However, if I would have done that I know that I would have the job I do now or be at the school I am now. I absolutely love the school I work at and have made such great friendships there. Everyone works together and the administration is so supportive of everything we do. I feel so blessed to work there and hope to teach there when I'm done with school in a year. I know that God has placed the right person at the right time in my life for me to achieve everything I have today. Also, I know that when I do start teaching I will have so much more experience and maturity than I would have if I started teaching a few years ago. God's timing in perfect. Also, if I would have had it my way Karson and I would have gotten married a few years ago instead of almost 1 year ago. However, because we waited we have so much more than if we would have gotten married then. Not to say that material things are everything, but it is nice to start a marriage with a new house and a feeling of security. Once again God's timing is perfect. I just feel like I'm starting to put all my puzzle pieces together to see the big picture. I feel like I have been handed great opportunities in my life and great experiences to provide me with everything I need to be a great teacher when I graduate. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bragging but I just feel so grateful of the things God has done in my life and I am just very content and hopeful of my future right now, that I have to share. Thank you God for everything you have given me!

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)


Photobucket 

2 comments:

MLP said...

I don't think you are bragging one.bit.at.all!!! How pleasing to God to hear you praising HIM for all of the good things in your life that HE has given you in HIS perfect timing!!! I am so happy for you. It is wonderful to read a post like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

That was a great post, and a perfect reminder for ALL of us!!