The Swartz Story

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Atkins friendly & delicious!

Recently, Karson went to the doctor and we found out that he has high blood pressure.  This is rare for someone his age, but it is hereditary.  So with that plus the recent weight gain, he decided to get back on a low carb diet.  I have tried to think of meals that are low carb and delicious.  It is hard for me since I love carbs, but we have adjusted well.  I usually give him larger portions and then I have smaller portions with a baked potato or something (got to have to the carbs).  Anyways, here are some of my latest meals.  They are all pretty easy and we have been using the heck out of our electric skillet.  We got it as a wedding present and never used it before, but now I use it at least 3 times a week.  It's large so I can actually cook the meat and then add the vegetables to the side and cook them.  Karson even uses it sometimes for breakfast to cook eggs and bacon.  It also uses less electricity than the stove, which saves us money.  Enjoy!
sirloin steak w/ bell peppers & broccoli

chicken w/ mixed vegetables

 chili

fish & zucchini

No comments: