The Swartz Story

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hello again blog world

I know I haven't written in a couple of months. I will try to do better. I have been so busy with my first year teaching, planning, and grading. I also haven't had any pictures to share. I hate posting without any pictures. That's just not any fun.

I have loved teaching and having my own classroom and class. I have 19 wonderful kiddos and I have really gotten attached to them already. I also work with 5 wonderful Christian ladies who are great mentor teachers as well as friends. I love working with my team and planning our curriculum as well as events.

Here are some of the recent bulletin boards I have done in the hallway that also lets you know what we have been up to in third grade.  I would love to post a picture of my kiddos, but unfortunately can't for obvious reasons.  We also went on a fun field trip this fall to Inner Space Caverns.  It was fun and the kids really enjoyed it.  

This is from our novel study we did on The Boxcar Children.

This was for Thanksgiving.  Isn't our turkey cute?  Each child decorated a feather and wrote what they were thankful for.  They also made Pilgrims and Indians too.
 

 This was from our family night.  Each grade level has a family night and our theme was "Candy Land".  I thought it looked very cute and the kids had a lot of fun.  We all had different stations for them to go to, such as: peppermint math, a cake walk, decorate a candy mouse, decorate a cookie, and hearing a story.  It was a lot of fun and it was great working with my team. 


Last, but not least, my third grade team.  

Thanks ladies, I couldn't do it without you.  Love y'all!

No comments: