The Swartz Story

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gaylord Texan (Day 2)

We spent the morning at the water park.  Karson watched the airplanes go by while we went around the lazy river.  My dad stayed at the hotel and rode around in his scooter checking out the hotel some more.




Then we had lunch at this outdoor bar and grill they had at the hotel.  All of the food was really good, especially my hamburger.  Forgot pictures again.




Some neat trains in atrium



 Fish in river that ran through atrium


We had mexican food for dinner at the riverwalk cantina.  It was really good, but the wait was 2 hours, so after a whole hour of debating on what to do, we finally decided to get it to go and ate in the atrium at a nearby table.  It actually ended up being a really nice dinner and it is so pretty outside at night at the hotel with everything lit up. 







Then we had ice cream for dessert. Yummy!



Then we took more pictures, again!  Like I said, we like to take pictures.



The next morning, the day we left, we ate breakfast at the riverwalk cantina, where we had dinner the night before.  They had a delicious gourmet buffet, with everything from pancakes and french toast to a lady who made omelletes however you wanted them.  It was so good, but so BAD for you. 

 The one picture of food I took.  Oh well.

We had such a great time and I will treasure the memories forever.   It was the perfect weekend to kick off the new school year and start back at work. 

4 comments:

MLP said...

You three girls really do look like sisters!!!!!!!! All of you are beautiful!

I love the pic of Carson kissing!:)

What a fun trip! So glad ya'll did that. I told Troy I want to go there for our anniversary! ;)

Karson & Alison said...

Thanks Mindy, you are so sweet. Yeah, y'all would like it there. We had a lot of fun. My mom said she heard it was beautiful at Christmas too. I need to start saving money so we can go again.

Barb said...

What a fun trip! Love your sweet family. :) And, I do enjoy your food pics, so I know I missed out this time. Lol!

Karson & Alison said...

Thanks Barb. I'm glad someone likes my food pictures. Ha! Thanks for posting coupon hints.